The Students Cell is an umbrella body which comprises the Career & Counselling Cell, the Grievance Cell, the Placement Cell, and Community Service.
- The Career and Counselling Cell has in its ambit career guidance which caters to the career aspirations of students, and also moral counselling which provides professional advice to students who have personal problems. A qualified Counsellor conducts one-on-one or group sessions with students as the case demands. Programmes relating to career guidance and value education are conducted regularly by engaging expert Resource Persons from varied fields to impart relevant knowledge to students. Tele-counselling or e-counselling is also encouraged.
- The Grievance Cell provides students the opportunity to air their grievances relating to campus life. This is done through direct communication with the Convener of the Cell or anonymously through Drop Boxes provided for the purpose. Such grievances are redressed accordingly.
- The Placement Cell arranges and conducts on-campus interviews for eligible students (present and past pupils) for admissions or job placements in different institutions as and when approached by concerned parties ï¿½ like banks, firms, vocational institutions, etc.
- In keeping with the spirit of students` welfare, the Students` Cell is starting Self-defence classes in collaboration with the All Meghalaya Karate-Do Association with effect from June,2014.
- Community service provides an opportunity for students to extend their helping hands to the needy outside the college. The Students` Cell has adopted a village, Maw-u-sam in Smit, to which various welfare services had been expended. The adoption of a new village is in the offing. Welfare provisions are also regularly made to orphanages, old homes, mental hospitals, etc.
- REPORT ON ENTERPRENEURSHIP ENTITLED "AN INTERACTIVE SESSION TO UNDERSTAND HOW GENDER NORMS IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP" WAS HELD ON THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER,2021 (Click Here)
- REPORT ON FINANCIAL LITERACY CAMP ORGANIZED BY THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA IN COLLABORATION WITH THE STUDENTS CELL WAS HELD ON THE 29TH OF APRIL, 2022 (Click Here)
- REPORT ON STUDENTS COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2021(Click Here)
- REPORT ON THE STUDENTS FAREWELL PROGRAM 2022 (Click Here)
- REPORT ON TOWN HALL MEETING ON THE TOPIC "YOUTH CORNERSTONE FOR REIMAGINING POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE" ON THE 15TH OF NOVEMBER,2021 (Click Here)
- REPORT ON WORKSHOP ON COMMUNICATION AND INTERVIEW SKILLS FOR PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT 2021 (Click Here)
- Report on Variety Fair 2022 (Click Here)