Gym workouts are one of the best ways to turn healthy and fit, and increase our energy levels. A good workout fights obesity and heart problems by improving blood circulation to our heart. It also does the same for our brain; make our mentally fit and reducing the degeneration of our central nervous system, which controls coordination. It also lowers the chances of a stroke. Our self-esteem is often linked to our appearance. Gym workouts can help you lose weight and ensure better posture revealing a fitter, healthier version of us. In turn, this transformation can boost our self-esteem and confidence to no end.
Gym workouts are also known to lower stress levels, as exercise releases increased amounts of endorphins, an endogenous (internal) opiate, and calming hormones like serotonin and dopamine, which regulate anxiety levels. Exercise improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure, and optimizes the heart's functioning capacity, which in turn reduces the development of blood clots. Gym workouts also help prevent and control non insulin-dependent diabetes as increased fitness leads to better weight management.
Physical fitness is a measure of the body's ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities, resist hypokinetic diseases (diseases from sedentary lifestyles), and to meet emergency situations.
Healthy lifestyle choices could have positive impact in depression treatment, the effects of aging, and learning. The experiences and choices people make throughout life activity impact the brain. As human live longer, these choices also affect aging and quality of life. Lifestyle changes to diet and exercise will be important to aging populations as non-drug, easy-to-follow interventions with ideal potential therapies. Healthy eating habits and a physically active lifestyle can prevent obesity diseases, diabetes etc. because diseases can take many years sometimes decades to develop, the best prevention is early prevention. "Primary prevention" means preventing disease risk factors, according to the Academy position papers authors, and it is critical for health promotion and chronic disease prevention.
Nutrition and physical activity are essential elements of primary prevention at every stage of the life cycle. Healthful eating habits and a physically active lifestyle are two of the most important ways to prevent chronic disease.
Lady College inaugurate the gymnasium on the 18th of October 2013 on the basis of maintaining the students, staff and teachers to remain healthy, aware of the importance of health, benefit of exercises and to keep themselves fit and active at all times.
Status of the Gymnasium
The gymnasium are equip with motorise treadmill, crazy fit, hand grip, multi bunch, pushup bar, dumbles bar, gymball, orbitree, 3 station gym, recument bike and AB/ circle.
Objectives of Gymnasium
- Tones up blood circulation.
- Improves cardiac health.
- Keeps body joints lubricated.
- Maintains lean body mass and arrests osteoporosis.
- Improves muscles mass and muscle tone, the muscles become learner, tighter and firmer.
- Muscle atrophy and weakness trend resulting from ageing process is reversed. As the ageing process begins, one starts to lose on an average about 150 gms of muscles every year after the age of 40 and concomitantly gain atleast as much body fat.
- Lowers the villains of circulating blood, like sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides and as well as improves good (HDL) and bad (LDL) cholesterol ratio.
- Improves the capillaries emerge around the semi-blocked coronary vessels. These collaterals compensate for the impaired blood flow to heart muscles.
- It also suppress the blood clotting process and works as a protective guard against strokes.
- Moderate but regular exercise decrease the chances of having heart diseases or stroke substantially.
- Exercise helps to control glucose level in the diabetic persons and improves insulin sensitivity, thus reducing the risk of diabetes.
- It improves the balance of the body which minimizes the risk of falls among old age persons.
- Exercise empowers brain, delays the onset of Alchemer and mental dementia and helps in reducing depression and anxiety.
- It makes the brain release mood-elevating endorphins, the so-called "feel good" substances which act as mood elevators.
Benefits of Gym WorkoutsPrevent Heart Diseases And Cancer :
Regular gym workouts reduce the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol that clogs the arteries. They also increase the levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein), a good type of cholesterol, as a result preventing cardiovascular diseases and strokes. Exercise improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure, and optimizes the heart's functioning capacity, which in turn reduces the development of blood clots. Gym workouts also help prevent and control non insulin-dependent diabetes as increased fitness leads to better weight management. Prevents Osteoporosis, ImprovesMuscles Strength And Joint Mobility :
Gym workouts that include weight lifting, squats, aerobics, and running prevent bone loss and help in the building and strengthening of bones. Low bone mass causes osteoporosis, which makes the bones brittle and prone to fractures. Working out accelerates the growth of new bone structures. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the bones and the surrounding tissues. This helps in the repair and preservation of tissues. Workouts that strengthen the body muscles and boost the body's metabolism help you undertake daily tasks with renewed energy. This is because exercise boosts the nutrient and oxygen supply to the tissues and its utilization by the body. Regular gym workouts also improve joint mobility and flexibility. This helps prevent and control arthritis, an ailment that causes stiffness and pain in the joints.Help In Weight Management :
Gym workouts are the easiest way to work off the extra calories that lead to unhealthy fat accumulation in the body. Any form of workout burns the calories consumed, leading to more energy, health body mass, and a fitter and a leaner appearance. Exercise helps reduce body fat by converting it into muscles mass and also helps prevent many health problems commonly linked to obesity, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.Helps In Sleeping Better :
Working out helps you sleep soundly and peacefully, eliminating any existent insomnia. This is because when you exercise, the body releases neurochemicals called endorphins that help the body relax and attain a level of emotional security. Exercise also reduces stress levels, relieves aches and pains, and helps you sleep more soundly.Exercise The Brain :
The circulation of blood and oxygen to the brain gets a boost with exercise, which aids in the growth of nerve cells that control memory in the brain. This increases the level of certain brain chemicals that sustain new brain cells and their connections.
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENROLLMENTNumbers of students, teachers certified to participate in the gym were:
TIMING FOR THE GYM WORKOUTSThe gymnasium opened as per the timing giving below: For students Morning section
Monday-Friday: Timing 11:30am-12:30pmDay section
Monday-Friday: Timing 3:15pm-4:30pmFor the hostellers and staff
- Students, teacher, and non-teaching staff are allowed to participate the gym activities only after certified from the medical care unit (MCU).
- Gymnasium maintain the reports in/out register which include name, class, designation timing, records of the vital signs like BP, pulse, weight, height and the signature of the attendant.
- A proper orientation was given regarding the function, benefit and timing for use of all the equipment in the gymnasium.
- The attendant of the gym are not allowed to do their own passive or active exercises without the prior guidance from the gym instructure.