Department of Chemistry
The Chemistry Department of Lady Keane College was started in the year 1958 with the introduction of Intermediate Science classes. The first teachers in the Department were Prof B.K.Roy Chowdhury who joined in 1.8.1958 and Prof Basistha Phukon who joined in March 1959. Smti. Purnima Dutta Choudhury then joined as demonstrator in December 1959.The Degree classes were started in 1962 and chemistry honours was introduced in 1965. The Department has well-equipped separate laboratories for Pass and Honours students with class rooms within the laboratories for taking all Honours classes.
PROGRAMME OUTCOME AND COURSE OUTCOME (Click here)
- A Brief Report of the National Webinar on Waste Management: Emphasis on Higher Educational Institutions (click here to download)